Tuesday, October 10, 2006

What if...




You know those imaginary conversations you have with people in your mind- people you work with, or people who cut you off in traffic- or heck- even famous people you have yet to meet? What if we all spoke those unspoken conversations? Gosh the world would be a different place. I know my world would be. I don't like conflict. I really don't- I seem to generate conflict sometimes- I guess we all do. I mean, humans, by nature, are full of conflict. I felt conflicted about getting up and coming to work today!
Anyway- my imaginary conversations- they might mean I'm crazy- I don't know. I sure would like to tell a couple of people here a few things. Like lighten up. I mean come on. I just had a conversation with a co-worker. Basically it said- If you are going to be a bitch to me- then don't come ask me for help when you don't know what the fuck you are doing. You've been here for a year- figure it out.
Now- would I ever say that? Heck no. I need this job. $16 bucks an hour is not flush- but heck I don't really think I can make more at this point and time. Now once I win the lottery- or when I get my book published- I will freely say "Fuck you very much". But until then... I will smile. Real big. My husband taught me a code- when I want to say "FUCK YOU" to someone- I can just say "THANK YOU". In a pleasing pleasant tone. I might even say- THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Ok- I've done enough for today. I guess I need to get back to work. I don't know. Whatever.

No comments: