Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm turning into a "Yogi"!

Well, it's been a week since I started doing yoga and let me tell you- it has been a great week! I've lost 3.4 lbs this week. (I did keep my calories at about 1900- give or take- I didn't stress or obsess though- that's another thing I am choosing- not to stress or obsess any longer!) And yesterday, just to spice it up a bit, I got out my old "Tai Chi for Weight Loss" dvd. The mixture of slow and fast movements kicked my butt- but I think I will incorporate this every other day to try to up the fat burning. But back to yoga- even though I only know about 10 poses max, I feel SO MUCH BETTER after doing it. I have been getting up at 4:30 in the morning to get the 30 minutes in-and I still feel great after doing it! Like I said before, the breathing reminders are the best part for me- I feel so relaxed and oxygenated afterwards. I pray that I remember this feeling when I get to the point (and I will) where I might not feel like doing it- I want to make it a point to remember how great it feels to MOVE and BREATHE.

That being said-this week might just be Hell week- big event at work that is going to take all of us working together to pull off. I am going to remain positive and not take the BS that people hand me personally. I can do this and I can maintain my sense of self and peace. I just made the decision!

Speaking of decisions- I decided wholeheartedly to go back to school. I am going to meet with a counselor tommorrow and see what it is going to take to get back into the swing of things here. I am thinking that summer classes is where I need to start- I don't want to wait until Fall!

No more job hunting until I have at least a Bachelor's Degree. That's it- I'm settled in for as long as they will have me. (Hopefully that will be a long time!)

Later!
Love,
Yourself

No comments: