Thursday, March 27, 2008

I don't want to work...


You know that song that goes "I don't want to work, I just want to bang on my drum all day"?
Well it has been looping through my brain all day and well I just am not 100% here in the moment. Lately I have been having these spells where I am imagining myself in other situations- in life, in my work, everything. I want to do so much in my life, want to be more, see more, experience all that I can. What's hard for me are the limitations of responsibility. I have to earn an income. I have to! Or wait a minute-do I HAVE to? My husband always likes to say- it all depends on what you are willing to accept. No, I don't have to earn an income- but without one I would not be able to live in the house I currently live in. My daughter would not be able to take violin and figure skating lessons and I would most likely be eating ramen noodles and peanut butter sandwiches on a daily basis. (That part wouldn't be so bad!) But truly-balance is what I seek. A balance of adventure and stability, a balance of freedom and responsibility and well I need to remember that I have chosen a lot of things and all of those choices have led me to where I am today. I am thankful for that- I am totally blessed. I think I will get back to work now.

Love,
Yourself

No comments: