Saturday, November 20, 2010

Brain Rules


So, I'm reading this book called Brain Rules and it is really fascinating. Basically, there are some universal truths about people and how their brains work. One of the rules says that "Exercise increases brain power." That explains a lot. I haven't been on a regular exercise program in a long time and I feel like my brain is floating in a vat of something very sticky and gooey. I need to start moving more.

The learning environment we put our kids in and the working environments a lot of us work in are NOT conducive to using the maximum power of our brains. I really want to make the changes necessary in my life to work at a job that I am totally engaged in. I want my daughter to experience learning for what it should be- an organic, freeing experience.

Getting from here to there is not going to be an easy task- some people might not understand what I want to do. I've got to get to a point where I do those things anyway! So here I go again, about to embark on some changes which will, I hope, take me to where I want to be!

I do choose happiness, I do.

Love,
Yourself

No comments: