Friday, November 19, 2010

I just deleted my facebook page...


Well I couldn't go through with all the way deleting it, so I just deactivated it. I don't know what it is but I just feel like I don't want to be a part of it anymore. I think I know what did it. I was looking at some people's "About Me" section, and then I looked at mine, and I was struggling with what to put. Then it dawned on me. The "online" Kerrie is defined only by what words I put under "interests" or maybe some offhanded comments I might make on a persons status, when that status is a contrived way for them to try to show everyone of their online friends that they are living the life. It's all kind of silly.

I understand why John Mayer deleted his twitter account. He hasn't blogged in two months either. I know it must be hard for him, but I understand why he did it. It's time to get back to basics. Pick up the phone. Write a letter or even an old fashioned e-mail! I don't know what it is. I am taking a look at my time, and what little I have to spend on things, and quite frankly- I don't want to waste any precious time on facebook.

Then there is this blog. This sad, neglected blog. I gave it a face lift. I want to use it for it's original intention- I want to use it in a positive way. I don't need for people to comment, I don't need for anyone to approve. I do need to release my feelings in words. I feel best when I do that regularly.

I want to blog. I want to belong. I just don't want to belong to a blog.

And so therefore I am back...
Loving Myself.

No comments: