Wednesday, October 18, 2006

JOHHHNNN MAAAYYYERR-Comfortable



Well I went- went to see John Mayer on the 14th at Chastain Ampitheatre in Atlanta.. It was wonderful. He is still wonderful, in case you were wondering. I love that he opened with belief- that is really my favorite song on Continuum. David Ryan Harris was excellent as his opening act (he's also in his band). I have to get his cd's- add it to my list of things I want to get! Well anyway-the concert was too short for me- even though it was 40 degrees and this was an outdoor ampitheatre. I would have thought it was too short even if it would have gone on for 3 hours though- cause I love me some Mayer.

The best part was the encore for me. He came out, grabbed his acoustic- I hollared out "COMFORTABLE" and I hollared it out TWICE and well he said "Y'all are making me feel all nostalgic"- then asked his guitar tech for his caepo and proceeded to play- yep you guessed it-COMFORTABLE. Oh man. I almost cried. How cheesy is that. I know. I'm a grown woman. But I love me some Mayer. I love my husband much more for taking me there- and sitting through the concert with me and just loving me. We had a wonderful, happy weekend. I didn't want it to end. We took the scenic route to Atlanta and it ended up being the best way we have ever gone. Thank you God for this great weekend. And well tomorrow the three of us are off to San Antonio (Me, my husband and my daughter- who I will affectionately call "booger" on this blog for anonymity). This is going to be booger's first plane trip so let's hope she doesn't spew. So, I won't be posting for awhile- but I 'll catchya again next week.

No comments: