Friday, November 03, 2006

Gotta Getcha Head in the Game

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My daughter, "booger" as I call her on blogger is 8. She loved the movie Highschool:The Musical. I admit- I watched it with her. And one song stood out- for me. Gotta getcha head in the game. (or "da game" as I should probably write) What a true song. It needs to be my anthem. Lately, I have been meandering through life- just making it day by day and well although I have had some good adventures here and there, mostly it has just been a mundane day to day existance. Am I living it right? (John Mayer asks in WHY GEORGIA) and well I ask myself that question all the time. I guess when I stop asking is when I should worry, huh? I don't know much- but I know that I have a wonderful family. (Well most of them are wonderful) and well I know that I love my husband and daughter with everything I have. I just don't want to admit to myself that this is it for me, though. I know there is so much more out there. God, if you can hear me typing this blog, help me figure out what it is I am being called to do. I am talking about real world beneficial stuff. Things that make the world a better place and help me to feel fufilled at the same time. I want to get to heaven. I do. I just don't want to spend my time on earth just sitting at this desk wishing I were somewhere else. God help me. There is a lady here in this office who has worked here for 19 years. That's so long to me! I am looking at 6 years in January. Hard to believe. It wasn't supposed to be this way. I started off as the receptionist just to make some extra cash and well someone started living and spending like we had unlimited money and now I have to work here. Two promotions later I am neck deep in work (half of it should be done by another staff person- just like I did it when I was in her place) but that is a whole other story. Gotta get my head in the game. Gotta get my head in the game. I will do this. I will figure it all out. I will make it.
See ya there.

No comments: