Friday, April 18, 2008

God...your sense of humor is awesome...but it still sucks!


Ok- I have to first say that nothing has really changed since I last post. I am still so incredibly blessed that it isn't even funny. I haven't been given a start day yet but things are progressing with my new job. I have to do one more thing, and then surely I will get my day 1 start date. Well ironically, someone else at my current job has been contacted about a job in the same group as my new one. Ironically, this does not fit in with my plan. At all. But ironically- I am struck by how hilarious it all really is. God- you laugh at me sometimes don't you? It's ok, It's alright. I need to get my ego in check- I struggle with it. I don't get it when someone doesn't like me- I don't understand why some people do such a crappy job and they are best friends with the boss- doesn't make sense. I am reminded of something though- I remember that this has always been a problem for me, even as a kid. My Mom noticed early on that I thought everyone should like me. And I really thought that I should be #1 at everything- and if not- I couldn't understand why- and she told me (this is the kind of Mom she was) - Kerrie, Not everyone is going to like you. Not everyone is going to think you are the great person that you are. Not everyone is going to understand your point of view. And no matter what- there will always be someone prettier, smarter, more talented, more educated....etc etc. Well thanks for the vote of confidence! But now that I am older I know what she was saying. Life ISN'T a popularity contest. I don't have to be liked by everyone to like myself. Ah...that's right- Love,Yourself.

So...I think I will dabble in some Dali Lama now- (I always spell his name wrong) but I do get his message- and after all-isn't that what is important?

Loving Myself,
Kerrie

No comments: