Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Hello 2009

Well 2009 is literally eight minutes away and I am choosing to make a blog entry of all things. Something I really didn't do a lot of this year, but really want to do more of in the coming year. Reflecting on this past year I am reminded of some really great blessings. I got a new job in 2008- and as scary as it was to leave my old job behind, every day I am reminded of how much better things are for me since I made the move. I went back to college in the Fall of 2008- and although I know I have a lot of school still ahead of me, taking those first three classes and getting them behind me (with all A's - ok now I am bragging) really feels great. Some not so great stuff this past year- well Todd's health has not been the best- sinus surgery- to a bleeding ulcer-and well he is still anemic somewhat- I can tell- he doesn't have all of his energy back. I am hoping that 2009 will see him get his mojo back! And the passing of Todd's Grandmother in October was really hard- Todd had just said the weekend before that we needed to go visit her, and then she died that week - sometimes you can just be too late. Things with my sister didn't improve - really got worse- something about the whole situation to me has become so unreal that it doesn't really even hurt anymore. That's a bad sign...maybe in 2009 we can both get over what ever it is that keeps us apart. Or not.
I am finally coming to grips with my anxiety disorder, and with the help of my doctor think that I will be better than ever in 2009. I am going to embark back on the lowcarb lifestyle since that is the way of eating that I feel the best with. And not saying this is a resolution- but a promise to myself- to move my body for at least 30 minutes a day in some way that inspires my mind and strengthens my heart and muscles- I need to move more. I will!

With one minute to go, I want to wish anyone who might be reading this a very Happy New Year...all the best to you and your family- and here's to loving ourselves in 2009.

Love,
Myself

No comments: