Saturday, January 03, 2009

A foggy dream...



Well I started a new medication on January 1st and let me say- I have been in a fog these past couple of days. Not a dense fog, just a little hazy fog and my energy has been zero. I am going to stick with it- I made the mistake of reading horror stories on the internet about this particular medication- but I have a feeling that once my body gets used to it I will be much better than I was before. I haven't had any anxiety feelings since being on this medicine and well that is a blessing- because there is nothing worse that uncontrollable worry and fear. So, hope to post an update soon that I have gotten over the side effects and have the energy to move again!

That being said- Monday is the day I start induction on Atkins. I have gathered up my research and got out the old book and just know that this way of eating is the way I feel my best. I don't know if the weight will come off like it did last time (there are some who say you have one golden opportunity on this eating plan- once you go off and come back on, it's not the same) but I am going to be optimistic that I will reduce my weight by at least 20% this year. I know that the highs and lows of my blood sugar will be gone and that is enough in itself. Really I have a lot to lose but I have to just take it one day at a time.

So today and tomorrow that's it- and then it's back to work, back on Atkins, and well back to the real world! I had so many plans for this vacation but just didn't get it all done. When do we ever get it all done? Never!

Now I am off to put a dent in the laundry and clean up yesterdays dishes...Anna Quindlin had it right: "Real life is loading the dishwasher" (or something along those lines!)
Have a happy day-
Love,
Yourself

No comments: