Friday, January 23, 2009

Diagnosis Day

Well got my diagnosis yesterday. I do indeed have PCOS- polycystic ovarian syndrome. It sucks, but it feels good to know that there is a real reason for my weight problem- and that I haven't been crazy all these years. I have gotten low blood sugar feelings before because I am insulin resistant. Turns out my blood pressure is elevated too- which occurs 4x more in PCOS women. I am going to conquer this. With the help of the metformin- and with a good exercise regimine- I predict that a year from now I am going to be writing a blog about how I lost 100 lbs. If I keep the faith, keep moving, and keep hope alive- I know I can do this.

Anyone out there know someone who has this? I can use any advice that anyone can give.
I'm still...
Loving Myself,
Kerrie

No comments: